On this trip you will quickly make new friends, many who become life-long, and enjoy New Zealand's amazing scenery through the eyes of a surfer. This trip is not just your average tour – for many it is a life changing experience. You will live the life of a surfer and get a taste of true kiwi culture!
Tangaroa and Tawhirimatea, the gods of the ocean and the elements, ultimately dictate our itinerary. Surfing is all about tide and weather conditions, hence the flexible nature of our trip, but the itinerary will endeavour to cover most if not all of the points below:
- We will pick you up from central Auckland on Sunday morning and transport you up to your pre-arranged accommodation. Once settled into your accommodation we normally head out and begin our surfing adventure!
- Every morning you will awake to the sound of the ocean, an exquisite sun kissed beach with no one around, and food provided for a breakfast spread giving you all the energy you need for your exciting day!
- Every evening, after a full day of surfing, you’ll enjoy a yummy dinner while reminiscing about the waves and watching the sun slowly fade into the ocean. The conditions for the following day will be discussed and we will form a game plan together before you hit the sack and rest up for another day of epic waves.
- Throughout the week we will cover surfing theory – surfing rules, surf conditions, rips, currents and tides – and each day we will individually work with you to slowly and consistently build your skills and advance you to the next level.
- Each day we will set out on a mission to find the best waves. This could mean driving to a different beach to get you to secluded surf location or enjoying the surf in Piha. Each day will be different and always an adventure! Some days, if the conditions suit, we could be off for a dawny surf at sunrise. For some this is regarded as the highlight of their surf tour...being in the water as the sun slowly rises giving the ocean a beautiful orange tinge is an unforgettable experience.
- During those hours in the day when we aren’t in the water there are many other options and fun things to do. We can choose to do something as a group or just enjoy some down time to ourselves – whatever will give you the most out of your trip!
- One day during the week can be set aside as a rest day and can be used to try out some other activities. We have teamed up with some other awesome tour operators to arrange discounted prices on activities for you that are usually offered to operators and employees only!
- Before you know it, it’s the end of the tour and you won’t believe how quickly the week has gone by! You’re body aches but you can’t stop smiling. You’re hooked on surfing, the addiction has begun...but we'll squeeze in one last surf session before it’s time to leave.
- Allow us to transport you back to Auckland while you relax and reminisce on your week of epic adventure...unless of course you have heard the ocean calling and you are remaining with us for another week in paradise…
- If you have already chosen or choose to extend your stay then it is time to let the waves take you on a journey. At this point, you are truly starting to understand the ocean and how she moves and you are seeing a stunning improvement in your surfing ability. Meet up with the new group for the next week and prepare to let the sea set you free!